Director: P.J. Hogan
Producer: Lynda House, Jocelyn Moorhouse
Screenwriter: P.J. Hogan
Stars: Toni Collette, Rachel Griffiths, Sophie
Lee, Rosalind Hammond, Belinda Jarrett, Pippa Grandison
MPAA Rating: R
Year of Release: 1995
Released on Video: 03/05/96
Life in Muriel’s small Australian town
is dull, dull, dull. She hides away in her room obsessing
over Abba music and fantasizing about her wedding day —
which will never come because she has never had a date. But
after daring to “borrow” some money, moving to
the city, altering her name and re-inventing her life, she
learns to value herself.
- How did Muriel first think negatively
- How, do you think, was she able to let go of her self-doubts?
- Imagine yourself as Muriel when she let go of her negative
- What distorted thoughts about yourself are dropping away
as you “become” her?
- How does this feel?
- How do you see yourself and your environment now?